Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Devotion

On December 1st, I am going to use this blog to post a 24 day Christmas devotion on the book of Luke.  Luke is one of the gospels in the New Testament that follows the birth, life and death of Jesus.  The entire book is 24 chapters so the book can be read in its entirety before Christmas Day.  If you are a believer in Jesus, then the reason for the Christmas season is Jesus.  I hope that you will join me for this month in reading about our Lord and Savior.

Here's the plan: 
  • Every morning a new blog will post on this site.  You can link to my blog through Facebook or Twitter. 
  • There will be 2 options:  One is to read the entire chapter or read the spotlighted scripture. 
  • After reading the passage, you can read my posting which will direct you to think and apply the passage you read. 
  • Once you are done, please post your own comments through Facebook, Twitter or directly on the blog.  This is a great way to encourage other readers and share your own insight from the passage.
My credentials are few and far between- I am currently coordinating a women's bible study at my church- Van Dyke Church in Lutz, Florida.  I have been involved in bible study for about 8 years after giving my life to Jesus at the age of 30.  I have taken and lead multiple bible studies by Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and other great women authors.  I was also involved in Bible Study Fellowship for about 4 years and was a group facilitator for 2 years.  I love God's Word and believe He has enabled me to read and apply it through His power.  I want to be a vessel that He can use to share the Word of God.  I hope you will find joy, peace and comfort through this study- that you are able to draw closer to Jesus through the book of Luke this Christmas season.

Thank you for reading!

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment