Today's devotion was about the toxins in our life that affect our relationship with God. We read Romans 12:1-21 which is an awesome passage- packed with lots of real life application for living a Spirit-filled life.
So I began thinking- I want to live a Romans 12 life- really live it out in my day to day relationships. So I came up with a list- a Romans 12 to-do list!
- God's will and the world's will clash- they can not co-exist. (v.1-2)
- I need to ask myself daily- is "this thing" good for me, acceptable for me, and perfect for me? If not, then it needs to go. BUT in the process of eliminating my own toxins, I can't think too highly of myself or judge others because God deals with each of us on an individual basis. (v.3)
- Use the spiritual gifts God has given me to serve Him and others. (v.4-8)
- Let my love be true- Hate evil- Cling to goodness. (v.9)
- Be devoted to others- be willing to yield to others. (v.10)
- Enthusiastically serve the Lord. (v.11)
- Rejoice in hope, Persevere in trials, PRAY-PRAY-PRAY. (v.12)
- Practice hospitality- be willing to roll up my sleeves and help. (v.13)
- Bless those who are mean to me- actually pray that God will bless them. (v.14)
- Be happy with those who are happy and cry with those who need to cry. (v.15)
- Live peacefully with everyone- don't be too proud to hang out with all types of people. (v.16)
- NEVER pay back evil with more evil- period. (v.17)
- "Do all that I can to live in peace with everyone" (NLT) (v.18)
- Leave room for God to intervene- instead if my enemy is hungry, feed him- if my enemy is thirsty, give him a drink. (v.19-20)
- Don't let evil overcome me but overcome evil by doing good. (v.21)
So what about you? How has scripture influenced your daily life?