Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ok, God- I'm listening

I truly believe that God has a sense of humor.  Or I am just so dense sometimes I need to hear something multiple times for it to sink in. 

As I thought about what to write this week, I flipped through my prayer journal.  A common theme began to emerge- not sure if I am ready for it but I know God is!




So here's a peek at some of my journal entries for this week:

5/20/13    
"The Christian life is one of spiritual courage and determination lived out in our flesh." Oswald Chambers

5/21/13
I want to seek you and your ways first then act on those ways.  My life is worth nothing if I am not focused on you and giving you the glory.
  • Seek first God's kingdom
  • Boast in nothing but God
  • Circumcision of the heart is what God is after (true repentance, sanctification)
5/24/13
I don't want to be bored or busy just to be busy- I want to be faithful.

5/26/13
"Be aware of anything that stops the offering up of prayer."  Oswald Chambers
  • Asking self- What areas in my life block my prayer life?
  • Help me, God, to be ready to live a Romans 12:1-2 life.
Romans 12:1-2 "And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

5/26/13     Sermon Message from Todd Leet
Todd spoke about the crippled woman in Luke 13:10-17 who had been bent over for 18 years.  He shared a personal story about how fear had been crippling him for years and one day Jesus released him- he was no longer "bounded".  You can listen to the message by going to www.vandyke.org.




Ok, God- I'm listening.  You desire for me to seek you first always.  To be willing to daily sacrifice my will and schedule to You so that I can grow closer to You and give You glory.  You want me to break up anything in my life that is hindering my relationship with You and others.  You want nothing to tied up our prayer life- I need to keep the channel clear though a repentant spirit and uncluttered heart & mind. 

Did I get it?  Is that all?  Just kidding- on my own there is no way that I could even come close to checking anything off that list.  But with your help and guiding spirit, I know I can move closer to being the woman you have created me to be- even if it's just a baby step. 

"Be serious in your commitment to God, and gladly leave everything else alone.  Literally put God first in your life."  Oswald Chambers




Jenny

1 comment:

  1. I made it into your blog!! (That is a first! Never been mentioned in a blog that I am aware of :-) Good stuff you have here!

    ReplyDelete