Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spinning wheels but not on a spin bike

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you have gotten nothing done?  Everything you did was important and needed to be done but you have nothing to show for it. 
I love spin class.  I did my fair share of classes last summer when I was a member of a gym and I used the free childcare for my boys.  Currently I am not a gym member (I'm too cheap) but I also love exercising outside.  Sometimes my day feels like a spin class-  slowly warming-up then moving forward through hills & fast terrain eventually winding down at the end, exhausted.  In the end I haven't gone anywhere- I am still in that same smelly spin room, wiping my bike off of sweat & tears. 
Some days that is how my life feels- the laundry room still has dirty clothes (though I have run the washer 3 times), the floors still have clumps of dog hair, and lunches need to be made again.  In the end I still haven't gone anywhere- at least my house doesn't smell like a sweaty spin room (with 2 growing boys I am probably not far from that!) 
Overall I won't change it if I could- God has my days mapped out for me so He knows there will be times when I feel like I have been spinning wheels. I can trust that God will supply me with the strength to finish my day.
Isaiah 40:28-31 says "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired and weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment