Today is Saturday and we have officially survived our first week off- was it a success? We had our moments- good, bad & ugly- but overall we survived.
With some creative planning I was able to complete my training for the week-
- Tuesday track night as a family,
- Wednesday 5 am run with friends,
- Thursday morning 10 miler while sitter watched boys and
- Friday Date Night 4 mile run with another couple.
- snatching up quick moments to read my Oswald Chamber's devotion book,
- working on my Kelly Minter study on Nehemiah and
- some meaningful moments in prayer.
|lizard addicted dog|
We finished off our first week home with a trip to Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Winter the Dolphin. This dolphin was the inspiration to the movie, Dolphin Tales. We live about 50 minutes from Clearwater but had yet to make the trip to see this extraordinary mammal. We had a fun time- exploring the aquarium and viewing sea life that has been rehabilitated from many different injuries. It was inspiring to me to read how people who have suffered life debilitating injuries have found hope and inspiration from visiting the dolphin, Winter and seeing how she has overcome her disability. At the end of the day with a Dairy Queen blizzard in hand, my oldest son, Matt said that "this was the best day ever". Jake wasn't so sure about that but I think he had fun as well.
|At Clearwater Marine Aquarium|
Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."