Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 15- Luke

Read Luke 15.

Spotlighted Scripture:  Read Luke 15:1-7.

When a person raises their hand to accept Christ as their Savior at church, do you:
  • clap politely and quietly say Amen?
  • look at your watch, knowing the service is almost over?
  • jump to your feet, rejoicing that one who was lost is now found?
Oh, I wish I could write a BIG YES next to the last one but I am guilty of being desensitized to the uniqueness of this extremely important decision.  When reading this portion of scripture about God's heart for the lost, I realized how far my heart is from aligning with the heart of God. 

God desperately wants the lost to be found and He wants us to be instrumental in bringing them back to the fold. 

I pray today that God breaks my heart daily for the lost of this world, that I do not become numb to the fact that people are dying with no hope of heaven.  Help me, God, to rejoice like the angels when one of your lost comes home.

1 comment: