Spotlighted Scripture: Read Luke 7:36-50.
As you read today's scripture, take a seat at the dinner table of Simon, the Pharisee. Soak in the events that occurred during this "unusual" dinner party.
- What was it like when the "woman who lived a sinful life" entered the room?
- How long did she stand behind Jesus before she fell at His feet?
- Did Simon even acknowledge her presence or did he continue to talk to Jesus as if no one had entered the room?
- As she cried, were they silent tears or heaving sobs?
- Imagine what the room might have smelled like once she poured the perfume on Jesus' feet?