Spotlighted Scripture: Read Luke 9:23-27.
What good is it?
There are two places in the Bible where you will find this phrase.
- Luke 9:25 says "what good is it for a man to gain the whole world and yet lose or forfeit his very self?".
- James 2:14-16 says "what good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such a faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?"
So today I asking myself, "what good is it"
- to toe the line between God's way and the world's way- to lose or forfeit my very self
- to praise God and curse man with the same very tongue
- to see a hurting, dying world & turn my back