Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 16- Luke

Read Luke 16.

Spotlighted Scripture:  Read Luke 16:13-15.

Not many feel-good lessons in today's passage.  I thought I'd focus on 2 verses but would love to hear your thoughts on the rest of the passage.

Jesus had just finished telling the crowd that you can't serve both God and Money.  In the NIV translation of this passage, money is captialized.  Basically you can't serve God and little "god"- whether it is money, fame, lust, family- you fill in the blank.  Your heart can not be divided and God knows our heart.  We are also reminded that "what is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight". 

Like I said, not a feel-good lesson but a very valuable one.  So I am asking myself a few tough questions today.
  • What little "gods" am I serving?  How is my heart divided?
  • Where are some things that men values but God finds detestable that I need to purge from my life?
  • In what ways can I serve God wholeheartedly?

No comments:

Post a Comment